User comments. Forum Posts. User questions. Uploaded audio files. Fan Art. Guest Posts. We all want them on our site. They are what drive the community. That type of user generated content is a huge leap in validation of your ideas or your product. The question is: who owns them?
This episode is pulled from Startup 101, which is a free course available to Members of legal to English Academy. If you are interested in learning more, or in getting the PDF download that goes with this lesson, you can grab a free membership to Legal to English Academy and download it and check out the rest of the lessons in context.
In this 20 minute episode, we will cover:
- Copyright and how it is owned
- What it means when others create content on your platform
- How to get the rights without the liability
- How to protect yourself from someone else’s copyright infringement
- How to get a license to use content however you see fit
Show Notes and Referenced Content:
- Episode 38: How Legal Fits in Your Business – An Exercise to Find Out
- Who Owns User Generated Content