People make excuses about legal. A lot. Whether it is too expensive or doesn’t matter yet or you plan to get to it later, the reasons you have for avoiding legal are just excuses.
The problem is, many people believe what they are saying. What is worse – many business consultants and coaches help perpetuate these myths by spreading the myths.
Legal is such an important part of getting a business started. It is just as important as figuring out your budget or understanding your sales cycle. Legal is the way you protect your business as you get started and the way that you stay in business when things get tough.
In this episode, we need to dispel some legal myths for the entrepreneur.
In this 30 minute episode we will cover:
- Myth #1: “I’ll just get started with my business and then talk to a lawyer when I am ready to get serious.”
- Myth #2: “I am just a small business and legal is expensive and won’t really affect my business”
- Myth #3: “My cousin is a lawyer, I’ll just ask him when I need something”
- Myth #4: “I could save time and money by just using a template from one of those sites online.”
- Myth #5: “I have more important things to do, I don’t have time to think about legal.”
Show Notes and Referenced Content:
- Episode 49: How Legal Should Influence Your Business System
- Episode 50: Not Controlling Your Legal Means Someone Else Is
- Episode 51: 4 Legal Essentials Your Small Business Needs
- Legal to English Academy Free Membership
- Legal to English Academy Premium Membership
- Legal to English on Facebook
- Josh on Twitter