In this episode we learn more about Jim Cavale’s journey as an entrepreneur. Jim is the Chief Operating Officer of Iron Tribe Fitness.
We talk about building teams and building businesses to further your business purpose. Jim tells us how, as an entrepreneur, you need to put systems in place. Your first goal should not be to do everything yourself to keep all of the money. If you do that, you will still be trading time for money. Instead, invest in people. To do that, you need:
- A process to attract the right people for your business purpose.
- A process to teach them the processes for the brand, so the brand can fulfill the client experience even when you are not there.
In this Episode We Discussed:
- What your business really sells. Jim says Iron Tribe doesn’t sell fitness, they sell transformation.
- Aligning your business purpose with your success.
- Finding people who exude your values so you don’t have to put them on your t-shirt
- Mapping out all the systems to build your business. That way, if you fell off the face of the earth, people could still execute your system and change lives with your vision, mission, and purpose.
- Direct Response Marketing. Give more information about your brand to help people know more about who you are and what you can do to help them. This helps to share your vision, mission, and values. It sells what you are really selling. Help people take the next step to learn more about your brand. People do not simply make a buying decision the first time they see you. They want to look at their options 7-10 times before they buy. So, create the materials and help people make the decision to work with you.
- Experimenting with your marketing strategy. Know what works and what doesn’t.
- Writing out your organizational structure. Just because you love to do something, doesn’t mean you should have a business doing it. You need to think intentionally, with a plan, to make sure your business idea can work.
“If you aren’t willing to read, you probably shouldn’t start a business.”
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Dan Kennedy’s No B.S. Book with Jim and Forrest
- Iron Tribe Fitness
- Iron Tribe Franchise
- Jim’s Blog
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Jim Cavale on Twitter
- Iron Tribe on Twitter
- Iron Tribe on Facebook (You can also find location specific Facebook pages on Facebook)
- TEDx Birmingham
- Vision Mission and Values Episode
“If we don’t achieve our purpose, we won’t achieve our bottom line financially”