In this episode, Cord Sachs of Fireseeds sits down with me (in person!). Cord Sachs is a leader of leaders. He is someone who understands his calling in life and uses it to impact people and businesses everywhere. He took the time to sit down with me and share some very important information that will have a serious impact on the way you develop your business.
During this interview I was taking notes as furiously as I could. During the editing process I took even more notes. Cord gives us some amazing insight into one of the most fundamental elements of building a business that will have an impact in the community. A business that will not only make money, but that will impact the lives of those it has the privilege to serve.
Cord gives us insight into how to create a “multiplying movement of multiplying leaders” in our own business. Cord shows us how developing leaders who develop leaders within our organization is how we can create a legacy in our business. We talk about how important it is for you, as the business owner, to understand your vision, mission, and values so you can teach it to your leaders. How developing an intentional process of developing leaders within your business is one of the essential building blocks of building a business that lasts into the third and fourth generation.
“Most companies don’t die from starvation, they die from indigestion.”
In this episode we discussed:
- Creating a multiplying movement of multiplying leaders in your business
- How to become a multiplying leader
- Investing in other people to multiply yourself in leadership
- How development of leaders should be holistic
- The difference between training and development
- Being intentional about the development of your team
- Building a legacy in your business because of the impact of your intentional leadership is how to find your greatest satisfaction in business
- Finding your passion in the market place
- Creating a pipeline of dynamic leaders that buy in to the mission of your company
- You can’t have a dynamic culture without great leaders
- Starting from the beginning as a founder with a clear plan for developing your leaders
- Impacting your people so you can impact your customers
- If you aren’t developing the people in your business, your business won’t make it to the third or fourth generation
- Focusing on building a system, process, and strategy to reproduce the culture of your business
- If you don’t focus on a strategy for your leadership, you will not have leaders that can reproduce the culture that makes your company work
- Culture makes everyone feel like they are moving in the same direction
- Creating your own selection process for finding a mentor
- A culture that attracts great leaders is a culture that is known as one who grows its people.
- Great leaders are always hungry to develop and grow
“There is no impact without contact.”
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode:
If you are looking to learn more about the multiplying movement of multiplying leaders, make sure to check out the new Fireseeds Newsletter!
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast.”
Cord tells us in this episode about how you, as a leader, always need to be growing and developing yourself. As a community of entrepreneurs, we should be helping one another sharpen our leadership skills and helping one another learn and grow. In an effort to spur one another on, let’s start by sharing our larger story. Let’s talk about our visions, missions, and values. If we all share with one another, who knows, we may find strong connections (or even potential mentors) in the comments.
“The quickest way to have a ceiling in your company is to stop developing yourself. You have to grow to continue to add value to those you are leading.”
So, tell us about your larger story! How is our community changing the world around us. What legacy are we building? Let us know in the comments.