In episode 45, we talked about demand letters. Specifically, we talked about creating a collection system that works. A way for you to get paid the money you are owed and to make sure you knew how to maintain the file in the event you ever found yourself in a place where you had to file a lawsuit to collect.
This week, as I promised, we are going to continue our discussion on collections and discuss what happens when you RECEIVE a collection demand letter. How should you respond? It is one thing to be in control of your collections, but it is something completely different to find yourself in a situation where someone is demanding money from you.
There are a few reasons you could get there, and a few ways you can go about responding to it. In this episode, we discuss those reasons and how to best respond to protect your business and end the dispute before it gets out of hand.
In this 34 minute episode, we discuss:
- Why you may be in a position to receive a collection demand letter
- What you should consider before you respond to a collection demand letter
- Your options for responding to a collection demand letter
- How to make sure the dispute is actually over when you make payment
- Episode 45 – How to Get Paid with a DIY Contract
- Episode 42 – How to Deal with a Demand Letter
- Drafting Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Dispute Resolution and Contracts
- Litigation in Business
- Legal to English Academy Free Membership
- Contracts 101 (Coming Soon for LTE Members)